Attend a Project Underground Workshop
During a workshop, you will learn how to apply multi-disciplinary and hands-on activities in cave education to your teaching. By attending a workshop, you will receive the PUG book with activities and a certificate of completion.
PUG’s materials are designed as professional development for classroom educators, informal educators, summer camps, nature centers, natural resources managers, youth leaders, homeschool educators, and community members. Anyone with an interest in sharing cave and karst education resources is welcome.
- 3-4 hours of instruction time
- Minimum of 4 activities presented to participants in a hands-on learning method
- Materials to supplement teaching
- Certificate of completion
Workshops are offered year-round and are available by request. Existing workshops are listed in the main SCCi calendar. Workshops range from $30-$50 depending on the location and time commitment.
There are several different types of workshops offered:
- Educator Workshop (3-4 Hrs); PUG certification workshop offered in a half day.
- Combined Educator Workshop (8 hours); PUG certification along with another “Project” such as Project WET, WILD, or Learning Tree.
- Advanced Workshop- Certification workshop for PUG that lasts one to two days and provides an in-depth look at the topic of caves and karst. Workshops contain field trip opportunities.
- Virtual Workshop- An educator workshop offered in a live, on-line program.