To protect caves and karst landscapes through conservation, education and recreation.
All significant and sensitive caves are protected for future generations.
5-Year Goals (FY22-FY27)
Establish best-practice conservation methods for wild caves and karst lands.
- Create land management plans based on Land Trust Alliance standards
- Train preserve teams in how to monitor their respective preserve-specific resources
- Ensure appropriate volunteer coverage for each preserve
- Educate external groups by showcasing specific conserved resources
Create a high-performing organization
- Develop best practice volunteer recruitment and training guidelines and procedures
- Proactively identify, recruit, and mentor new leadership at all levels of the organization
- Develop, document, and internally communicate clear organizational roles and responsibilities
Generate revenues to support short and long-term goals for the organization
- Educate current and potential donors on the unknown and hidden cost of operations and acquisitions.
- 50% of members will be sustaining members
- Raise $250,000 for Stewardship Endowment Fund
- Shift burden of low cost projects (gates, parking areas, kiosks, etc.) to volunteers and sponsors